ADSM-L

AW: Backup of 300 GB Data within 12 Hours

2002-08-23 07:11:23
Subject: AW: Backup of 300 GB Data within 12 Hours
From: Michael Struwe <StruweM AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:19:33 +0200
        HI all,

        I think there no problem to do it.
        But you have to have the right Hardware and Software ifrastructure.

        As an example Veritas and STK have done a test to backup 2TB in 1 hour.
        www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,9155,00.asp

        I think with TSM 5.1 /LanLess and 2GB fibrechannel switches and
Tapesdrives
you could backup 200GB in 2-3 hours.

        Today there a tape drive with 19MB/sec (STK 9840B)  and  in September 30
MB/sec (STK 9940B )
        without compression!

        For more Information

        Mfg