ADSM-L

Re: Regarding Audit of Database

2002-08-22 12:11:53
Subject: Re: Regarding Audit of Database
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:46:19 -0500
The last audit we ran, our DB was about 30 GB, log was 5 GB.

When we ran the audit we got message:
ANR2309E The server log mode is currently set to roll-forward.  You may run
out of log space when auditing the server in this mode.  Specify
LOGMODE=NORMAL to set the log mode to NORMAL for the audit operation, or
LOGMODE=ROLLFORWARD to force the audit operation with the logmode set to
roll-forward.

So we used:
dsmserv auditdb fix=yes logmode=normal > auditdb.out

When the server was back up we had to switch the logmode back to
rollforward.

Also fyi, our audit took 21H.  We did testing and did audit after an
unload/load db and it took 8.5 hr.
Total time:
Unload 7.5 hours
Load format .5 hour
Load db 1.5 hour
Audit db 8.5 hour

So if you have a test server, you may want to test out to determine amount
of time!

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg