ADSM-L

Re: Restoring Data - Server doesn't exist anymore.

2002-08-22 11:14:20
Subject: Re: Restoring Data - Server doesn't exist anymore.
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:11:01 -0400
I didn't know that -- cool!
Thanks Zlatko!

-----Original Message-----
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT [mailto:acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 3:53 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Wanda,

not always you should reset the node's password. Invocation with
-virtualnodename asks for ID and defaults to that node's name. Type there
an administrator's ID (from 'q admin') with enough rights over the node
and later enter administrator's password. Session is established but
node's password is not touched even being unknown - just like what we get
with UNIX su command.
This I use for test restores of live node's data or when we expect the
node to become back in service.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant