ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle Expiration

2002-08-21 13:50:09
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle Expiration
From: "Cowperthwaite, Eric" <eric.cowperthwaite AT EDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:32:48 -0400
If you are using RMAN and TDPO you need to set the copy group like this:

Policy    Policy    Mgmt      Copy      Versions Versions   Retain  Retain
Domain    Set Name  Class     Group         Data     Data    Extra    Only
Name                Name      Name        Exists  Deleted Versions Version
ORACLE    ACTIVE    ORACLE    STANDARD         1        0        0      30

All deletes should be handled by RMAN, not by TSM. TSM will expire the data
once RMAN deletes the backup files. The TDPO manual and RMAN have sample
scripts for handling this.

Eric