ADSM-L

Re: Use of 3494 and STK using ACSLS in parallel

2002-08-21 11:46:36
Subject: Re: Use of 3494 and STK using ACSLS in parallel
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:29:59 +0200
On woensdag, augustus 21, 2002, at 12:07 , Uwe Schreiber wrote:

Hello,

does someone know general limitations / restrictions when using a 3494 and
a STK library (using ACSLS)
by one TSM server?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Uwe Schreiber

Hi,

since a few months we use exactly this setup, no problem whatsoever that you wouldn't have with just an acsls lib anyway. For some reason with every restart of the server it seems to lose the STK drives (we use 9840 drives). Even worse with an upgrade. Apart from that, no problems.

---
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams