ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino Performance - redux

2002-08-21 09:12:55
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino Performance - redux
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:14:49 -0400
> Tape change is not the issue. I was watching it for 5-10 minutes and it
> was using the same tape. This was the first thing I checked. However, the
> "waiting" messages keep appearing every so-many lines in the log.
>
> I would have thought a 3590E1A on a SAN/FC connection would be fast
enough
> to keep up with this traffic, other than to rewind the tape.
>
> Any way to improve this performance issue ?   Any server options I might
> have missed  ?

Zoltan,

If you do not get any help from this list, please call support,
so they can put you in contact with the TSM Server support team
to find out what is happening on the TSM Server during those
apparent "stalls".

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.