ADSM-L

Netware V6 Restore From Netware V4.11 Problem

2002-08-21 08:54:10
Subject: Netware V6 Restore From Netware V4.11 Problem
From: Robin Lowe <robin_lowe AT STANDARDLIFE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:54:53 +0100
Hi,

I am having a problem restoring data to a new Netware V6 system with TSM
5.1.0.0 client
Netware patch SP1 is applied.
TSA600 is @ 6.00a 10 January 2002
SMDR is @ 6.00a 12 January 2002

Source client is a Netware V4.11 system with ADSM 3.1.0.8.

Problem is that we are upgrading the Netware system to V6, and we want to
restore the data backed up from the ADSM 3.1.0.8 client using the TSM
5.1.0.0 client
On the source TSM (ADSM 3.1.0.8) client I have set access backup * slukmac1
On the target  TSM (TSM 5.1.0.0) client I issue the following restore
command to restore the directory structure only :

restore sluklrf4\data:/* slukmac1\mac1:/ -sub=y -dirsonly
-fromnode=sluklrf4

What then happens is the BASE directories only are restored, ie, no sub
directories.

Has anyone seen a similar problem and if so how do I fix it ?

By the way, we have also tested a restore from a TSM 4.2.1.0 client from a
netware 5 server, and we get the identical sympthoms.

Thanks

Robin Lowe
Senior Storage Analyst

For more information on Standard Life, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.com/

The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road,
Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority. Tel: 0131 225 2552 - calls may be recorded or
monitored. This confidential e-mail is for the addressee only. If received
in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it without our consent and please
return it to us. We virus scan and monitor all e-mails but are not
responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration by a third party
after it is sent.