ADSM-L

Data transfer rates with TSM for OS/390

2002-08-20 09:26:20
Subject: Data transfer rates with TSM for OS/390
From: Sascha Braeuning <Sascha.Braeuning AT SPARKASSEN-INFORMATIK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:27:05 +0200
Hi all,

We've got a TSM-Server on OS/390. At the moment the server is connected to
LAN via TokenRing Interface (16 MBit/s). What we get for data transfer
rates is 1.5 MByte/s. Now we have to backup some servers with a capacity of
300 GB. We think, that a change to a Fast-Ethernet-Adapter (exists on the
OS/390) will bring some advantages for the data transfer rate and backup
can perform within 12 hours.

Is there anyone, who has an TSM on OS/390 with Fast-Ethernet or TokenRing
and could send me some Information about his transfer rates?

I'am happy to hear from you!

MfG
Sascha Bräuning

Sparkassen Informatik, Fellbach

OrgEinheit: 6322
Wilhelm-Pfitzer Str. 1
70736 Fellbach

Telefon:   (0711) 5722-2144
Telefax:   (0711) 5722-1630

Mailadr.:  sascha.braeuning AT sparkassen-informatik DOT de