ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server Upgrade to 5.1

2002-08-20 03:32:59
Subject: Re: TSM Server Upgrade to 5.1
From: Raghu Srinivas <raghu AT COSMOS.DCMDS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:03:46 +0530
Hi

Its simple

- take the backup of tsm database ( can be useful to revert back in case of
any probelm during upgradation )

- Prepare the document on how to revert back to 4.2.1

- Note the base directories of the existing TSM

- uninstall TSM 4.2.1

- Install TSM 5.1 ( upgrade db will run automatically during upgradation )
   Specify the same base directories as noted above when prompted

- login as admin

- take the TSM database backup.

Its not must to upgrade the clients to 5.1. If you want to make use  new
features of TSM 5.1 client ( Check the readme files)
upgrade to 5.1 clients.

( You can find more information on quick start pdf)

Regards
Raghu S  Nivas

                    "Crawford,
                    Lindy"                 To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <lcrawford@BOEC        cc:
                    ORP.CO.ZA>             Subject:     TSM Server Upgrade to
5.1
                    Sent by: "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                    ST.EDU>

                    08/19/2002
                    08:42 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi TSMers,

Please can you assist me. How can I go about upgrading my tsm server from
4.2.1 to 5.1 without any glitches ?

Our config is as follows:-

TSM server              : 4.2.1
O/S                     : Windows NT4 SP6a
Devices                 : Magstar 3570 library, IBM 3583 (L18) library

Would I also have to upgrade my clients at the same time ?

Thank you for your assistance.

> Lindy Crawford
> Business Solutions: IT
> BoE Corporate
>
> *      +27-31-3642185
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>  +27-31-3642946
         lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za <mailto:lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za>

WARNING:
Any unauthorised use or interception of this email is illegal. If this
email
is not intended for you, you may not copy, distribute nor disclose the
contents to anyone. Save for bona fide company matters, BoE Ltd does not
accept any responsibility for the opinions expressed in this email.
For further details please see: http://www.boe.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm