ADSM-L

Re: " ANR9779E Unable to acquire a drive" on Library Client with T SM 5.1

2002-08-19 23:54:04
Subject: Re: " ANR9779E Unable to acquire a drive" on Library Client with T SM 5.1
From: "Barkhordar,Gentille,GLENDALE,IS" <gentille.barkhordar AT US.NESTLE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:00:31 -0700
Hi everyone,
I have two TSM 5.1 servers on AIX 5.1, sharing an LTO 3584 over a SAN.  One
server is defined as the Library Manager and the other is defined as the
Library Client.  When I try to backup a client node that is registered to
the Library Client to tape, I get the following error messages in the
Library Client Activity Log:

ANR9779E Unable to acquire a drive for volume *SCRATCH* from the library
manager.
ANR1404W Scratch volume mount request denied - mount failed.

...And I get the following message in the activity log of the Library
Manager:
ANR9790W Request to mount volume *SCRATCH* for library client SGLTSM2P
failed.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?
Thanks,
Gentille