ADSM-L

TSM upgrade

2002-08-19 11:40:57
Subject: TSM upgrade
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 07:48:47 -0700
Hi list,

I have to upgrade my TSM Server and clients from 4.1 to 5.1. The new
server, TSM 5.1, will be running on a different machine under Windows 2000
Server. The old one is now running on a Windows NT Server system. My
storage unit is a IBM 3590 tape library (SCSI connected). The TSM 4.1
database is 17GB in size and the Recovery Log is 2GB.

Do you guys have any tips on how should I do this ?? I mean, which is the
best and more secure way to do it. I4ve heard that I cannot simply backup
the TSM 4.1 database and restore it on the TSM 5.1 Server. And I can4t
install TSM 5.1 over 4.1 because the old server is .... well .... old and
there is no space left on the disks.

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks.

Mario Behring