ADSM-L

LTO Bulk Reader filled....

2002-08-16 09:18:46
Subject: LTO Bulk Reader filled....
From: David Stabler <dstabler AT MORRISONHOMES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:59:22 -0400
I was using DRM to manage a copypool, and sent my "Vault" tapes to the
bulk reader.  I wasn't paying attention at the time, but I sent more
than 10 tapes.  The extra tapes were dutifully marked at the Vault, and
TSM lost track of them, but they were still in the LTO!  A key, and a
few minutes of scanning, found them, but it wasn't what I expected....

Is there any way in TSM to monitor, easily, how many tapes are to be
ejected, compare that to what, if any, tapes are already in the bulk
reader, and send only what can fit?  Or, error out for trying to do too
much?

I have written a rather nasty shell script that does a few selects,
picks a tape list, cuts off the top 10 tapes, and only sends those (one
at a time, rather than with any wildcards), but I'm wondering if I'm
using a sledge hammer on this finishing nail....

AIX 4.3.3, TSM 4.2.1.8

-drs-