ADSM-L

Re: Multiple logical libraries for 3584

2002-08-14 10:01:32
Subject: Re: Multiple logical libraries for 3584
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:02:53 -0400
I have seen several responses to your post here.
Let me point out one additional point.  When you got your
library, there was a box that had accessories in it.
(Leveling tools, cleaning tape etc.)  Among those items
was some barcode decals to install in the 3584 when you
divide it into more than one logical library.  Haven't done
this yet, but you should be aware and see if you can find the
labels.

David Longo

>>> dsf AT GBLX DOT NET 08/13/02 05:13PM >>>
I've got a question.

One 3584-L32 with 6 drives and one 3584-D32 with 6 drives.

Is it possible to have a logical library that covers 4 drives in
the L32, and a second logical library that covers last 2 drives
in the L32 and all 6 drives in the D32?

Or is that not a valid configuration -- ie, do I need to keep
logical libraries from spanning multiple drives in multiple 3584
units?

-Dan

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 08/14/2002 10:04:14 AM
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this
message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender,
except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a
particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such
views or opinions.