ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Web Admin Interface - grrr

2002-08-13 18:14:25
Subject: Re: Antwort: Web Admin Interface - grrr
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:15:29 -0500
I'm with Kai on this. I opened the GUI admin interface once, and it
wasted my time. (We have thousands of client nodes.) The web interface
was worse. I have always used the command line interface and I find it
to be much, much faster and easier, and a whole lot easier to tell
Tivoli Support what I've done when I'm on the phone with them.
Furthermore, the Command Line interface makes it very easy to turn
frequently used sets of commands that I do over and over again into
scripts or macros. It's just better. Learn the commands and you'll never

=================== The command line is your friend. ===================