ADSM-L

Re: WIN2K-Complete-Restore

2002-08-13 09:24:15
Subject: Re: WIN2K-Complete-Restore
From: Rafael Mendez <rafael_mendez AT STARMEDIA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:23:40 -0400
Hi,
I remember I had the same question some time ago.
Thanks Wanda Prather we have a good document in:
http://www.autovault.org/discus/
----- Tivoli Storage Manager scripts
-------- Disaster Recovery
----------W2K bare Metal Restore

One extra tip. Read Ms article Q311141 because there is a problem with W2K
servers.

Hope this helps.
Rafael

-------
to: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
cc:
date: 8/13/2002 9:12:02 AM
subject: WIN2K-Complete-Restore

> Hi all,

> I remember a document (Red-Book) where was written how to restore the

> Operating-System and all data to a WIN-NT-Server (By starting with an extra

> partition with TSM-Client and restoring the other partition ...).

> I can not find this document anymore on any Web-page from IBM. Does anybody

> have a link ?

> But my real problem is to recover a W2K-Server. My collegues are testing

> recovery on W2K-Servers and up to now thei didn't manage to get one running

> as before (problems that are reported by them are e.g. with the

> InternetExplorer 6). Does anybody have a tested plan on how to recover a

> W2K-Server with TSM (not realy bar-metal but e.g. with an extra partition

> ...) or is there anywhere a document on how to do it ?

> Thanks for help

> Christoph.

Obtin gratis tu cuenta de correo en StarMedia Email. !Regmstrate hoy mismo!.
http://www.starmedia.com/email