ADSM-L

Storage Agent problem

2002-08-13 09:24:15
Subject: Storage Agent problem
From: Demaerel Miguel <miguel.demaerel AT BRUSSELS.SEMA.SLB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:18:56 +0200
Hoi

Can someone help me with this one?
TSM server 4.2.2.7 (AIX 5.1)
Storage Server 4.2.2.7 (Solaris 8)
TSM client 4.2.1.x

When runnning dsmsta in the foreground, there is no problem I can take
lanfree backups and the dsmsta process is normal 0.5 - 1% of CPU's.
But when dsmsta is running in background it's taking 1/3 of the CPU
resources on the client, even when I do nothing on TSM level.
There are 8 CPU in the tsm client (2.6 CPU for a process that do nothing !)

I run the dsmsta.rc script to start the dsmsta daemon.
When I run this script the prompt doesn't come back. I have to kill the
telnet session.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Miguel

                                      /////
                                     (o o)
                            Miguel Demaerel
                            System Engineer
                             Schlumberger
          Raketstraat 98, B-1130 Brussels, Belgium
                        Tel +32 (0)2 724 93 17
                       Fax +32 (0)2 724 92 92
                 Email Miguel.Demaerel AT SLB DOT COM