ADSM-L

Re: AW: Antwort: Web Admin Interface - grrr

2002-08-12 17:43:21
Subject: Re: AW: Antwort: Web Admin Interface - grrr
From: Hamish Marson <hamish AT TRAVELLINGKIWI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:44:27 +0100
Rupp Thomas (Illwerke) wrote:

Well, not really meaning to be on either one side or the other, 1-valid
point for the web version is not needing to install the gui on every
machine you may want to use to administer the server(s).

That's why I'm dreaming of a Java Applet. Tivoli has done it for the
B/U client that I can use over the web - so why shouldn't it be possible
to write a Java Applet for the admin interface?

Oh God NO!

Java Applets have GOT to be the bane of my life. I'd rather have an app
compiled for a specific OS. It's faster, it's more stable, it's better
looking. Exactly what do you think Java will solve for you?

What would be the correct way to tell Tivoli what the customers want?

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp

Dieses eMail wurde auf Viren geprueft.

Vorarlberger Illwerke AG

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #16396
       I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |