ADSM-L

failed brrestore deleted my entire SAP database

2002-08-09 19:23:53
Subject: failed brrestore deleted my entire SAP database
From: J Sorensen <tsm_monkey AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:11:02 -0700
I ran the brrestore and the restore failed due to the files not being available
on the server.  That was due to them having expired.  However, the brrestore
deleted all of my database files on the server.  Not only was I not able to
restore what I wanted, brrestore deleted what I had!!

I opened a ticket with Tivoli.  They concluded it was SAP' s brrestore that was
responsible and suggested I contact SAP.

Has anyone else ever heard of this?  Is it supposed to work this way?  I think
this is a really bad thing....

Thank you......

My environment is as follows:

TSM server version 4.2.2.4