ADSM-L

Re: Incremental Backup (full/partial)

2002-08-09 16:24:40
Subject: Re: Incremental Backup (full/partial)
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:31:28 -0700
How about this.  Check the session end summaries for each node, the one that
says, "Number of objects expired." (ANE4970I)  If it's not zero, then you
know it's a full incremental that is expiring objects.  If it is zero, well,
that doesn't tell you too much, but you can watch it for a while.  There
aren't too many servers where no one deletes anything over a period of
weeks.  If it is always zero, delete or rename a file on that server.  If
the next backup says expired=0, then there you go.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail