ADSM-L

TSM or Windows strange behaviour

2002-08-07 09:13:31
Subject: TSM or Windows strange behaviour
From: Krzysztof Kus <kkus AT OPTIX DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:04:07 +0200
Hello!

       On my cluster node after installation in the "Program Files" was created
folder called "Microsoft frontpage" (Capital M). I  have installed MSSQL
("Microsoft SQL Server" folder). Unfortunately the MSSQLSERVER  service
has got "Path to executable" set to
"C:\Progra~1\Micros~3\MSSQL\binn\sqlservr.exe" (8+3 notation).
       After the C: drive restore I noticed that there is "microsoft frontpage"
(small m) directory. Now the "Micros~3" points to the wrong place.

       The question is where the 'M' has been changed to 'm'. Have you got any
idea why MS use 8+3 notation??? Is it possible to change "Path to
executable".

Best regards.
--