ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: Multiple DSMCAD - the solution

2002-08-06 14:23:53
Subject: Antwort: Re: Multiple DSMCAD - the solution
From: Gerd Becker <Gerd.Becker AT EMPRISE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:24:45 +0200
The problem you described, was also my problem. But with your tips I found
the solution:

I have two servers running, SERVER1 and SERVER2 on the same AIX-machine. In
my dsm.sys I have two stanzas, one for  servername SERVER1 and one for
servername SEVER2. In the server1-stanza there is the entry for httpport
1581 and in server2 is httpport 1681.
The question is, how can I start multiple dsmcad-daemons with different
servers. Here the solution. I created in a separate directory (e.g.
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client2/) a dsm.opt with the entry servername server2. Now
I started the second dsmcad with /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmcad
-optfile=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client2/dsm.opt.
With my browser I can connect to client1 for server 1 with
http://client:1581 and to client2 with http://client:1681.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Gerd Becker

Projekt Manager
Trainer for TSM-Classes at IBM Germany
Vice-Chairman of GSE-Working-Group Storage Management

EMPRISE NETWORK Consulting GmbH
Albstr. 14
70597 Stuttgart

Tel.: 0711/990083-0 oder Mobil: 0172/4036581
Fax: 0711/990083-9
mailto:gerd.becker AT emprise DOT de
mailto:scc AT s390 DOT de
+++++++++++++++++++
http://www.emprise.de
http://www.s390.de
http://www.zseries.de
+++++++++++++++++++

                      "Lancaster, Dominic"

                      <Dominic.Lancaster@BIMB         An:      ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      ERI.COM.AU>                     Kopie:   (Blindkopie:
Gerd Becker/Emprise)
                      Gesendet von: "ADSM:            Thema:   Re: Multiple
DSMCAD
                      Dist Stor Manager"

                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      26.01.2002 23:42

                      Bitte antworten an

                      "ADSM: Dist Stor

                      Manager"

It's no different really to running multiple dsmcad's on any
other platform - to this end the Appendix in the 'Windows Client'
install covers it fairly well in terms of variables etc
BUT ... the big thing I have found is (on NT) to ensure
you have a different IP address and WebPort number for each
dsmcad instance, although I suspect with AIX the TCP/IP
stack works properly so it's a matter of having the right
variables WEBPORT, seperate .opt files etc

Dominic (it's not rocket science!) Lancaster