ADSM-L

Re: Failed Domino TDP Backups

2002-08-05 07:16:12
Subject: Re: Failed Domino TDP Backups
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 06:55:21 -0400
> Thanks for your help.  I have tried setting CompressAlways = YES and the
> backup last night went alright.  I have verified the integrity of the
backup
> by restoring a mail file that was failing before.  It was ok.  Do you
think
> setting CompressAlways=YES might make my backups unreliable, considering
> when it was set to NO, there were a lot of mailfiles that were failing
> backups, about 10%?  Would you still recommend I do
> EXCLUDE.COMPRESSION mail6\user1.nsf.*
> I assume that this is fixed on 1.1.2.  I might upgrade very soon.

Rodolfo,

Whether you run with compression on or off, the backups will be good.
If you install the 1.1.2 version, change the COMPRESSALWAYS option
back to NO. Then, if you have some of the databases fail to back up
because of the compressed data was growing, the 1.1.2 version of the
code will resend those databases uncompressed and you will have
good backups. If you consistently have the same databases failing
with the "compressed data growing" problem, then use the
EXCLUDE.COMPRESSION to send those databases uncompressed the
first time they are backed up.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.