ADSM-L

Re: Expiration problem with TSM 5.1.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3

2002-08-05 06:36:35
Subject: Re: Expiration problem with TSM 5.1.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:35:57 +0200
Hello,
as of this wonderful monday morning the state of my PMR is as follows.
First I got the message that the problem should be fixed by 5.1.1.2. I
applied this patch but I can't see any change. On request of level 1 I
created some diagnostic output and sent it in. The PMR is now queued to
level 2. During the discussions over the phone I learned that there are
serveral problems in this area.

In the meantime  I figured out that the 1 hour timeout delay is controlled
by option RESOURCETIMEOUT. The default used to be 10 minutes but was changed
to 60 minutes with version 5. This morning I changed this back to 10 minutes
to reduce the loss of time. Level 1 didn't see any problem with doing this.
However, up to now I have no experiences with this setting.

If you have this problem and haven't open a PMR please do so. The more PMRs
there are for a problem the higher is the priority.

Best regards
Gerhard
---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany