ADSM-L

Re: Trapping TSM Messages on NT4 and W2K

2002-08-03 06:24:11
Subject: Re: Trapping TSM Messages on NT4 and W2K
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 01:39:55 -0400
See the chapter on "Automating Tasks" in the 5.1 client manual for
information on return codes from the command line client.

In Windows, return codes from the last command (or program) executed can
be detected via the %errorlevel% variable. For example:

   dsmc incremental
   echo TSM return code is %errorlevel%

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Michael Moore <Michael_Moore AT VFC DOT COM>
08/02/2002 13:30