ADSM-L

Re: Restoring MSCS cluster node

2002-08-02 18:04:25
Subject: Re: Restoring MSCS cluster node
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:53:36 -0500
Passive/Active

It pays to perform the test and actually wipe out the c drive of one of the
nodes.

In testing we performed a C drive backup and a system state backup.

In the event SYSTEM A crashes with a system drive failure. SYSTEM B should
take over. Get SYSTEM A up, install tsm client, then restore the c$ drive.
Lastly, restore the system state. Should be able to fail over to SYSTEM A.

One thing we did find quicker was using a single system as a collector for
all system states of all cluster nodes. Came to about 250-300 MB per system.