ADSM-L

Re: Space reclamation of copypool

2002-08-02 17:45:04
Subject: Re: Space reclamation of copypool
From: Manuel Sanchez <manuel_j_sanchez AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:43:58 -0700
Besides making rec=100, you have to cancel the
process.
Here is an example using a shell script:

   dsmadmc -id=your _id -pa=your_pa q pr | grep -i
"space reclamation" > $tmpdir/process9
   if test -s $tmpdir/process
   then exec 5<$tmpdir/process
        read -r -u5 line
        proc=${line%%Space*}
        comma=`echo $proc | grep "," | wc -l`
        if [ $comma -eq 0 ] ; then
           process=$proc
        else
           process=${proc%%,*}${proc##*,}
        fi
        print $(date) "Cancelling TSM process $process
on $server ..." >> $maste
rdir/master.log
        dsmadmc -id=your _id -pa=your_pa cancel pr
$process>>$tmpdir/end_space_reclaim.log
   else print $(date) "No space reclamation processes
found on $server." >> $mas
terdir/master.log
        continue
   fi

--- Halvorsen Geirr Gulbrand <gehal AT WMDATA DOT COM> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have the following problem with Space Reclamation
> of my copypool.
> To start reclamation I have a script running UPDATE
> STG COPYPOOL RECLAIM=50
> Three hours later, I run another script to stop
> reclamation - UPDATE STG
> COPYPOOL RECLAIM=100
> but reclamation never stops. This affects all of my
> daily operations
> (migration, backup stgp..) because the
> reclamation process uses both drives.
> Question is, why does space reclamation not stop
> after updating?
> Is there a way of canceling the process (by TSM
> script)?
>
> Best regards
> Geirr G. Halvorsen

=====