ADSM-L

Re: MS Exchange backup fails

2002-08-02 17:42:04
Subject: Re: MS Exchange backup fails
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:41:44 -0500
You won't be able to call support unless you have extended maintenance...
TDP for MS Exchange went out of service 3-31-2002.

I got a quote for it : $99,500 for 3 years. (3 year retention on our mail
systems due to legal issues.) After some complaining, I pointed out that TDP
for Exchange 1.1 backups and TDP for Exchange 2.2 are not compatible. And
that it specifies that in the installation documentation. The price then
went down to $66,000.00.
That comes to $1833.00 a month. Still unacceptable.