ADSM-L

Re: Deleted filespace

2002-08-02 16:51:12
Subject: Re: Deleted filespace
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 15:45:43 -0500
I always perform a database backup before deleting nodes (filespaces).
If you performed a database backup you can halt TSM and restore using
command similar to this one.
      DSMSERV RESTORE DB DEVCLASS=IBM3590
VOLUMENAMES=volume_of_last_db_backup

My understanding is that  delete comand actually removes entries from TSM
database.  So  if you can restore it to what it was before you should be
good to go.

Sung Y. Lee
Enterprise Storage Services
IBM Global Services, Service Delivery Center - South
Office (512) 823-1012 T/L 793-1012
Fax     (512) 823-1037
Pager  ( 800) 759-8888 PIN: 1087116
E-mail  sunglee AT us.ibm DOT com

                      "Ochs, Duane"
                      <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT CO        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Deleted filespace
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      07/31/2002 05:30
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Is there any way to recover a deleted filespace ?

I have set my tape pool to reclaim=100 to prevent reclamation.