ADSM-L

Fixing Problem Caused by Wrong Value for Maxcapacity Parameter

2002-08-02 16:10:43
Subject: Fixing Problem Caused by Wrong Value for Maxcapacity Parameter
From: "Klein, Robert (NIH/CIT)" <kleinr AT EXCHANGE.NIH DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:18:18 -0400
Yesterday, I accidently changed the maxcapcity parameter for my main tape
device class to 22 mb instead of 22 GB.  As a consequence, our TSM server (v
4.2 on OS/390) has used up most of our tapes.  I have corrected the
parameter, but that does not help with the tapes written to while the 22 mb
value was in effect.  Is there any easy way to tell TSM that the tapes it
thinks are full with only 22 mb really have plenty of room left?  So far, I
have been using the move data command to empty out these tapes, but that is
only does one at a time.  I tried using migration, but migration appears to
be based on percent utilization, not on  amount of data.  Has anyone ever
made this mistake and found an easy way to rectify it?

Thanks for any suggestions.