ADSM-L

Housekeeping through a TSM script

2002-08-02 09:33:22
Subject: Housekeeping through a TSM script
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:59:30 +0200
Hi TSM-ers!
At this moment al my maintenance processing is scheduled at specific hours.
I'm thinking about creating a script which starts all maintenance, one after
the other. The only problem I have is that I cannot find a way to see if
reclamation has finished. Most of the administrative task have the wait=yes
parameter, so the script waits until the task is finished, but since you
schedule reclamation through the update stgpool command one can't use that
trick here.
I thought about issuing a q proc command every 10 minutes and capturing the
return code 11 (no processes found) but a sleep 600 or something like that
is not supported in a TSM script.
Does anybody else have an idea how to do this? AIX scripts are not an option
due to security reasons (userid and passwords in the script).
Thanks in advance!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.