ADSM-L

Re: How to backup a shared disk array?

2002-08-02 04:32:06
Subject: Re: How to backup a shared disk array?
From: Halvorsen Geirr Gulbrand <gehal AT WMDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:36:31 +0200
Hi Bob,
I have had good experience with backup of clustered NT/Win2K servers.
Assuming that all the diskspace you would like to backup, on your array, is
allocated as clusterdisk resources in your cluster, then do a cluster
install as described in IBM Redbook SG24-5742-00 and "TSM Installing the
Clients" Appendix F.
There is one small snag - if the cluster fails over during backup
processing, backup will fail, but the next time backup starts, it will
backup from the node owning the cluster-disk resource. My advice - follow
the instructions carefully, or you might get undesirable results, such as
trouble with TSM Password registry key replication.

Rgds
Geirr G. Halvorsen