ADSM-L

Expiring TDP for Oracle data

2002-07-31 13:08:01
Subject: Expiring TDP for Oracle data
From: Theresa Sarver <IFMC.tsarver AT SDPS DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:39:03 -0400
Hello;

I've been searching the archives on this subject all morning and I just want to
double-check my findings.

Environment:
SP Model 9076 (1 Frame w/ 7 nodes)
AIX 4.3.3 ML8
P.S.S.P 3.2
ptfset 8
TSM 4.1.5
ORACLE 8.1.7/RMAN
TDP for Oracle v2.1.1 (I think?)

The DBA's have only been using TDP/RMAN for a few months now and around July 10
they decided to start exprining some old backups.  I noticed yesterday, that
the copy group had been setup improperly for TDP_Oracle:

STANDARD  ACTIVE    RMANCLASS STANDARD         1        1       0       1
STANDARD  STANDARD  RMANCLASS STANDARD         1        1        0       1

I modified the appropriate parameters last night (using TDP for Ocacle Admin
Guide) and think it's right now:

STANDARD  ACTIVE    RMANCLASS STANDARD         1        0        0       0
STANDARD  STANDARD  RMANCLASS STANDARD         1        0        0       0

I ran 'expire inventory' shortly thereafter, this however did not remove any of
the inactive databases:
/adsmorc : // cold_TESTR_1631_270302_22_1 (MC: DEFAULT)
Inactive, Inserted 03/27/02 16:32:19, Deactivated 07/10/02 15:18:10
ObjId: 0.58797993

So, from what I've read I have 3 options:
1)  run some "delete object 0 xxxxxx" command  (Could someone please provide me
with any further information on this command?)
2)  Create a new filespace, then delete the old one after several days
3)  Using a TDPOSYNC command...depending on version.  Anyone know if 2.1.1
supports the use of this command? - Can't find any reference in the TDP for
Oracle Manuel.

Thanks 'yet again' for your help;
Theresa