ADSM-L

Re: Offsite Archives & DRM

2002-07-26 02:32:25
Subject: Re: Offsite Archives & DRM
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:30:36 +1000
Thanks for the reply Paul, strangely enough your original reply never reached
me through the mailing list. From the information you have given me it looks
like we are in a bit of difficulty as Tivoli Storage Management was originaly
sold to us under the premise that it would be able to do this easily with
minimum fuss.

Our business requirements for storing data offsite are slightly different due
to legal responsibilities which require us to keep historical data for at least
7 years. Hence our need to not keep a copy of this archival within our LTO
Library. I can't imagine the sort of problems we would encounter if we did do
this. I'll read through yours and Dale's solutions again and see if what your
suggesting will be feasible for us to do. I like the overflow idea which would
be a simple thing to implement, not sure what would happen with partially
filled tapes however, I assume they will need to be manually moved after each
monthly archival is completed.

Gordon

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.