ADSM-L

Re: diskpool performance

2002-07-25 07:10:12
Subject: Re: diskpool performance
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:09:17 +0200
Hi,

> for the whole raid5 volume. Even worse the raid5 would start to trash
> during busy hours because TSM concurrently accesed so many different
> files on this one raid5. Which is not an issue any more.

Seemed to be a faulty raid controller. We always used raid5 for
TSM volumes and never got any errors or bottlenecks. Of course,
we use different raids for stgpools and the database.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens............Tel.: +49 541 969-2347
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany