ADSM-L

Re: Gigabit Ethernet Performance

2002-07-24 10:17:32
Subject: Re: Gigabit Ethernet Performance
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:21:01 +0300
For sure numbers are not good. In customer environment we have achieved
12-13MB/s average (with peaks of 25 MB/s) when using TSM client
compression and 60-70 MB/s without compression. These are real numbers
with TSM client and server and measured with topas and monitor. Yes, the
customer has EMC Symmetrix on the node and diskpool on IBM ESS but the
network might be pumped very good.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant