ADSM-L

AW: Tape questions

2002-07-23 08:48:45
Subject: AW: Tape questions
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:46:52 +0200
Hy Rob,
I don't know how you deleted the tape from database. If with "discard data =
yes" the data includung the copies are deleted from database. Than you don't
have the data on copy-storage-pool.
If a volume is damaged and a move data doesn't get all data from that tape
make a 'restore volume xxx' (there is a preview-option) to rebuild the data
from the copy-storagepool to the primary-storage-pool.
After this procedure all data should be available from primary-storage-pool
(the damaged volume is set to 'unavailable' and can be taken out of the
library).

Best wishes

Chris