ADSM-L

Re: how does sun communicate with lmcpd to access atl mgr?

2002-07-19 01:42:41
Subject: Re: how does sun communicate with lmcpd to access atl mgr?
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 07:41:09 +0200
Hi

First, you should have a lmcpd daemon running. This is the daemon that
communicats with the IBM 3494 ATL.

Second, you should have a device called lmcpX (normally, you can self decide
which number to use, for example lmcp0).

Third, have you configured TSM to use the lcmp device as device for the library?

Also, in the ibmatl.conf, there should be both a ip-adress, and hostname, for
the 3494, is theese adresses pingable?

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman