ADSM-L

multiple scratch pools on 1 TSM server instance - 1 public, 1 private - is it possible ?

2002-07-16 16:00:54
Subject: multiple scratch pools on 1 TSM server instance - 1 public, 1 private - is it possible ?
From: Kent Monthei <Kent.J.Monthei AT GSK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:58:32 -0400
We have a 3494 Tape Library.  A new client is providing a substantial
quantity of 3590 cartridges with a specific label prefix.  The client
wants those tapes (& only those tapes) to be used for backups of their
servers, and does not want any other client nodes to use those tapes.

I defined a separate domain with new policyset/management-class/copy-group
and disk/tape/copy pools, but am now stuck on how to checkin/label the
client's tapes so that they will be dedicated to and usable only by nodes
in the new domain.

Isn't this the same problem scenario as managing 2 different media types
in 1 library?  How would this be done?

rsvp, thanks

Kent Monthei
GlaxoSmithKline