ADSM-L

Re: database expiration Problem / Domino TDP leaves old databases

2002-07-16 07:50:43
Subject: Re: database expiration Problem / Domino TDP leaves old databases
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:49:16 -0400
> your hint was successful, but only the tdp way. We could see, that after
> doing a incremental backup there were 5500 transaction logs discarded. So
> on the first stage we were happy.
>
> But, the expiration of the db and the reclaim didn`t free up as much as
> expected. It looks like that the expire only scans the first 1/5 of the
db.
> Therefore the expire discards only a very few db-objects and the
aftergoing
> reclaimation process could free up only a few tapes. The "funny side"
(ouch
> ! ) is that the expire process ends always with a state of success. But
we
> could swear there MUST be a lot more db objects to inspect. Maybe this
> happens some time before we dealed with the tdp stuff.
>
> So I belive we have another problem, this time a db Problem.

Holger,

Expiration of Domino database backups happens automatically according
to your policy settings. When you back up a new database, the previous
backups will follow the policies that you have set up for inactive
versions.
This works the same way that the standard TSM file-level backup
client works. If you do not think it is working correctly,
it's probably time for you to call IBM support.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.
Strive for excellence, not perfection.