ADSM-L

Re: How do I grant cross-node restore access (easily)

2002-07-12 16:48:08
Subject: Re: How do I grant cross-node restore access (easily)
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:48:45 -0400
> How can I make sure that all of my client nodes have rights to restore data
from
>  any other node without having to go into each individual client gui and
using t
> he "utility/user access list" option?  Is this permission stored locally on
each
>  client node, or is it in the TSm server database?

The dsmc command has a 'set access' subcommand which provides a command
line interface to access lists. If you use the central scheduler I suppose
you could write a script to send the necessary dsmc commands to the various
client nodes using 'define clientact' with 'act=command'. I have never
seen explicit documentation on the storage location for access lists, but
I can't think of a plausible way of implementing the facility with access
lists stored anywhere other than the TSM server database.