ADSM-L

AIX Upgrade with TSM

2002-07-12 13:06:15
Subject: AIX Upgrade with TSM
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:04:17 -0700
Is anyone out there running AIX5L with TSM V4.2 or V5 that has simply
upgraded from AIX 4.3.3 with TSM already up and running in either a test or
production environment? I have an H50 with AIX4.3.3 and TSM 4.2.1.9 in a
test environment and am willing to scrub it if something goes wrong, I've
got a mksysb tape handy. I'd like to make sure that if and when 4.3.3 goes
out of service I have a concrete plan to upgrade production knowing what I
might run into or better yet have a plan that works without worrying about a
failure..(I know, I know, nothing's 100% foolproof).

I'm wondering if there are any "gotchas" I need to look at. Are there any
specific steps I need to take before starting, and during installation, like
stopping the TSM server first?

If this seems to be off topic feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154