ADSM-L

Questions concerning Netware backups

2002-07-12 10:21:44
Subject: Questions concerning Netware backups
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:19:53 -0400
Hi all

We are going to be backing up some Netware soon and I have a few questions from
the sysadmins.

They use Open File Agent from ArcServe. Is there a similar solution fro TSM?

I searched the archives for posts concerning backing up Novell clusters and
what I found wasn't to clear. It seems there is no clear cut solution like with
MSCS. Is
anybody backing up a Novell cluster succesfully?

Also, this is the first time I'll be dealing with Netware. Are there any
gotchas I should be aware of or does the manuel tell everything I need to know?
The client
version will probably be 5.1 as will the server.

Thanks for the help

Guillaume Gilbert
CGI Canada