ADSM-L

Re: solaris experts plz help

2002-07-12 03:49:08
Subject: Re: solaris experts plz help
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:47:24 +0200
Hi Gerald,
if I understand you are confused from having more devices with the same
SCSI target and LUN. It is OK. Theese targets and LUNs are on different
SCSI
adapters or different SCSI channels on one SCSI adapter. When you run
add_drv command, system checks all devices with specified target and LUN
(from conf file) on all adapters. In Solaris theese devices have actualy
special device file in different subdirectory under /device directory. If
you get error messages
from add_drv command, usually there is problem with SCSI connection or TSM
device driver support.
Acording to your output from probe-scsi-all your SCSI connection seems to
be all right. Have you checked if your tape and optical drives are
supported in
TSM version you are using? Oh, what is your version of TSM?

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava
tel.: (421) (2) 60252618

Gerald Wichmann <gwichman AT ZANTAZ DOT COM>
11.07.2002 18:20