ADSM-L

Re: Need TSM 3.7

2002-07-11 12:44:18
Subject: Re: Need TSM 3.7
From: Ray Pratts <ray.pratts AT MARKIIISYS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:42:35 -0500
My IBM rep was the first person I contacted.  However, since TSM 3.7 is no
longer an availabel product, my rep has not been able to help, as of yet.
I have the license but not the media.  The AIX CD is the only one we cannot
find.

Ray Pratts
Senior Systems Engineer
Mark III Systems, Inc
6575 West Loop South, Suite 675
Bellaire, TX 77401
713-664-9850 ext. 29

                      Andy Raibeck
                      <storman AT US DOT IBM.         To:      ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject: Re: Need TSM 3.7
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      07/10/2002 05:43
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

I would be remiss if I didn't caution against doing anything that might
violate the TSM licensing agreement.

Ray, while 3.7 is no longer supported, I would recommend that you contact
your IBM rep for assistance if you have lost your original installation
media.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Gene Greenberg <Gene_Greenberg AT ROUNDROCKISD DOT ORG>
07/10/2002 13:58

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:

I'm not sure if there is another solution because I didn't encounter this
last week when I upgraded to 5.1, but I'm pretty sure I have a copy of 3.7
for AIX.  You can contact me if you don't find another solution.

Gene Greenberg Jr.
Lead, System Administrator, DBA, SMA
512-464-5162
Round Rock ISD
Round Rock TX

                      Ray Pratts
                      <ray.pratts@MARKI        To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      IISYS.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Need TSM 3.7
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      07/10/02 03:27 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Can I obtain TSM  3.7 Server for AIX.  I have a system that I was about to
upgrade to TSM 5.1.  Well crashed and I need to restore the TSM database
with 3.7 before I can upgrade.  Any ideas.  Thanks.