ADSM-L

Re: Script question

2002-07-09 14:36:27
Subject: Re: Script question
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:32:39 -0400
Hi,

        It really depends on what platform you are using.  We have setup
such a script on AIX and Linux (and it should work on any other unixes).
Here is an exemple:

#!/usr/bin/ksh
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmadmc -id=admin -password=admin
-outfile=/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/scripts/tmpfiles/checkout run
checktapes
checktapes
echo "Voici les tapes qui sont a envoyer a l'exterieur qui sont dans la
porte du LTO 3583" > /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/scripts/tmpfiles/checkout2
echo "" >> /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/scripts/tmpfiles/checkout2
cat /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/scripts/tmpfiles/checkout| grep B00 | awk
-F" " '{print $1}'>> /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/scripts/tmpfiles/checkout2
echo "" >> /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/scripts/tmpfiles/checkout2
echo "" >> /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/scripts/tmpfiles/checkout2
echo "Merci et bonne journee" >>
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/scripts/tmpfiles/checkout2
cat /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/scripts/tmpfiles/checkout2 | grep B00 | awk
-F" " '{print $1}'| while read line ; do
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmadmc -id=admin -password=admin checkout
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmadmc -id=admin -password=admin checkout
libv 3583 $line rem=bulk checkl=no
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmadmc -id=admin -password=admin update vol
$line access=offsite
done
mail -s"Check Out Tapes" tsmadmins AT domain DOT com <
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/scripts/tmpfiles/checkout2

So this identifies the tapes to checkout (line2)
Then checks them out (line 8 and 9)
Then updates them to offsite (line8 and 10)
Then it emails us the results (lines 3,4,6,7 and 12)

Line 5 extratcs our tapes numbers (they all start with B00) then line 9
reads each lines with a tape number and does line 10 and 11 to each tape
in the list (checkout2) putting the tape number in place of $line.

Hope this helps and sorry for the less then clear explanations!

Etienne Brodeur

"Stephen A. Cochran" <stephen.a.cochran.lists AT CAHIR DOT NET>
07/09/2002 11:00 AM