ADSM-L

[no subject]

2002-07-09 09:36:22
From: Burak Demircan <burak.demircan AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:34:35 +0200
yes, you may change the accesses to readwrite and then reclaim but you should
normally use offsite not unavailable access
regards,
burak

        LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE
        Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

        09.07.2002 16:23
        Please respond to ADSM-L

                        To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                        cc:

Hi TSM Guys,

I have a customer who moves volumes from a primary storage pool to an
offsite location by setting the volumes to "UNAVAILABLE". The storage
pool's migration threshold is set to 100% for spacerclamation to be
prevented. What do I have to consider if I want to manually start space
reclamation on the unavailable volumes?
Will it be enough to just check-in the volumes, change their access to
ReadWrite, and then start the space reclamation by lowering the reclamation
threshhold gradually?

Thanx a lot

Lars