ADSM-L

Re: Exclusions added to dsm.opt

2002-07-05 10:25:56
Subject: Re: Exclusions added to dsm.opt
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:25:18 -0400
> I found the section in the manual that covers the recommended Windows
> system files to exclude (see below).  I changed the dsm.opt files to
> reflect this list.  My question is:  If I attempt a full restore will these
> files that got backed up (prior to me excluding them) restore and risk
> corrupting windows as the manual suggests?  If so, how do I address this?
[Exclude statements deleted]

The first backup after the options file change would treat the newly
excluded files as if they had been deleted from the Windows system,
and change the existing backups from active to inactive. A full restore
would bring back the excluded files only if you specified a point in
time restore for a time prior to the options file change. Even that
risk would go away once the last backups of the excluded files were
deleted on the basis of the retonly parameter for the relevant copy
group.