ADSM-L

Re: Reclaiming LTO Tapes

2002-07-05 10:19:17
Subject: Re: Reclaiming LTO Tapes
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:15:26 -0400
Hi Tab,

        What are the impact o fusing a FILE rather than a DISK devclass
other than faster reclamation of copypool?

Thanks for the info.

Etienne

Jack,

It's been mentioned before, but if you use a disk pool for directories,
you should make the disk pool a FILE devclass.

When my directory disk pool was DISK devclass, copypool reclamation would
launch and eight hours later I would have reclaimed a few tens of MBs.

I rebuilt the directory disk pool as FILE devclass, and copy pool
reclamation proceeds at full speed from the start.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation

"Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
07/03/2002 03:35 PM