ADSM-L

Deleting old TDP for Oracle backups

2002-07-04 15:12:52
Subject: Deleting old TDP for Oracle backups
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:10:53 -0400
Hello

I have old TDP for Oracle backups that I want to get rid of. This being the
first time I used TDPO, I didn't use a nodename for each database, I used a
nodename for each
server. So now I have 3 or 4 databases using the same nodename. SOme of these
databases have since disappeared and I am stuck with the backups. The Oracle
admin can't
seem to figure out how to get RMAN to delete the backups and since they are in
the active state, they will never expire. I've opened a PMR on this and I'm
hoping for a
miracle. That Share request about being able to delete 1 file from backups and
not only a filespace seems to me would be migty handy here.

If anyone out there in TSM land has a recipe, please share.

Thanks

Guillaume Gilbert
CGI Canada