ADSM-L

DB2 User Exit Problem

2002-07-02 04:23:07
Subject: DB2 User Exit Problem
From: Lars Bebensee <LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:51:27 +0300
Hi TSM guys,

good that there is a list like this one. Hope you can help me with a
problem on a customers site:

The customer runs a DB2 EEE installation across two SP nodes. He uses the
DB2 user exit for backing up the DB2 transaction logs. Before backing them
up they are copied to a secondary log directory to be able to keep a second
backup of the logs.
Here is the probelm:
I recently upgraded the client code from 3.1.20 to 3.7.2. This meant I had
to recompile and link the user exit code. The unmodified sample code that
gets delivered with the DB2 installation runs fine for the backing up part.
Unfortunately, no secondary logs are created anymore so I guess whoever did
the implementation before added this copy functionality to the sample code.
I found the old code but after compiling and linking it to the new client
libraries it doesn't work the way it used to. Checking the ARCHIVE.LOG, I
saw that the log is archived, and it is also copied over to the secondary
location. However, the user exit doesn't return anymore and just hangs
blocking the next archiving request.
Did anyone of you guys use the same way to keep a secondary log backup? If
yes, what did you change in the user exit sample code?

Many greetings

Lars